Testing for COVID-19 - We are no longer testing for COVID-19 in the office. We recommend patients who are minimally symptomatic and otherwise wouldn't need to be seen by one of our providers to preform a home test as needed. We are not providing prescriptions for testing at Urgent Care. Testing is available without a prescription at both KSL diagnostics and Medlab (see below for further details).
RT-PCR testing is available through KSL diagnostics. Diagnostic testing is covered for most insured and uninsured patients but may result is a copay or deductable. Insurance information will be collected at the test site if the child is covered. A physician’s prescription is recommended to minimize issues with insurance reimbursement, but is not required. No appointment is necessary for testing.
Step-by-step instructions for patients:
Step 1: Click this link for KSL Diagnostics. Step 2: Select "Return to school/prescription COVID RT-PCR testing" Step 3: Select your desired location. (Please be aware that any WNY immediate care location will require a full visit, we recommend not using this location for testing only) Step 4: Register your child for testing. No appointment or physician order is required. Step 5: Parents will receive an email of the report. Reports are generally issued the same day if collected before 1pm.
RT-PCR testing is available through Medlab. No physician order is required and insurance is accepted. To schedule an appointment visit their website or call (716)320-3001. Locations available in Orchard Park or Cheektowaga.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) office procedures
We have implemented many new procedures in the office to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Below is a list of changes to be aware of should your child need care in the upcoming months.
- Our waiting room is now open to all patients. Upon arrival you may walk into our office to check in at the front desk. Patients that wish to wait in their vehicle may continue to do so. Please come to the front desk to check in and let the reception staff know you will be returning to your vehicle to wait.
- We are no longer accepting any walk-in patients
- We ask that only 1 healthy parent and the scheduled child attend the office visit.
- Providers are available for virtual visits via telephone, video and portal messages. Please speak with one of our staff members for more information about these visits.
- All patients scheduled for a visit are required to have an active patient portal account. Please speak with any of our staff members to obtain access to your child's account.
- We ask that all parents and patients 2 years and older presenting with a cough, congestion or fever wear a mask at all time while in the office. This includes when alone in the exam room. Masks are now optional for all healthy patients and staff.
- We are seeing all age patients in the office for well visits and are encouraging our patients to stay up to date with their preventive care and immunizations.
- All exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned between each patient.