At Amherst Pediatric Associates, asthma care is comprehensive, evidence-based and follows the guidelines of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute and of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Amherst Pediatric Associates recognizes that asthma is a very important chronic problem of childhood. All of our providers are very educated in asthma recognition and management.
Our asthma team is headed by Dr. Charles Francemone who is a certified asthma educator and has many years of asthma experience. Patients can be evaluated with many of the most up-to-date diagnostic tools, given a comprehensive asthma action plan and followed longitudinally.
Your child's asthma will be monitored as part of the annual health supervision visit and be followed every 3-6 months or more frequently as needed. To make an appointment, please call our office at (716)632-8050.
Useful Handouts and Educational Resources
- Using Your MDI Closed-Mouth Technique
- Using Your MDI With a Spacer
- Using Your MDI With a Spacer and Mask--Pediatric
- Priming and Cleaning Your MDI
- Using Your Asmanex® Twisthaler®
- Using Your Pulmicort Flexhaler®
- Using Your Small Volume Compressor Nebulizer
- Office Visit Planner™